Le Boudoir de Marie-Antoinette

Prenons une tasse de thé dans les jardins du Petit Trianon

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
Voir le deal
69.99 €

The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen

4 participants
AuteurMessage
pimprenelle

pimprenelle

The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Empty
MessageSujet: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitimeVen 4 Avr - 11:47

En 1999, Evelyn Farr avait publié un livre sur la relation entre la reine de France et le comte Suédois. Le titre et la couverture sont suffisamment évocateurs de son point de vue, mais voici cependant un résumé qui vous permettra de mieux vous former une opinion:

The ‘Austrian whore’, accused of every imaginable sexual and political crime - or saint, pure and unsullied? Neither was true, but the life and tragic death of Marie Antoinette have, over the centuries, assumed almost mythical proportions.

She was fourteen, married to an obese, uncouth husband who could not consummate the marriage. In her loneliness she turned to the young, sympathetic and attractive Axel Fersen, who soon became for her that ‘most loved and loving of men’. Their devotion to each other was known only to a few at Court and lasted for their entire lives.

In this moving study, using contemporary and other documents, Evelyn Farr peels back layers of libels and misinformation which continue to obscure the fateful story of the love between the French Queen and the Swedish Count.

Product Details

Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Allison & Busby (September 29, 1999)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0749003707
ISBN-13: 978-0749003708
Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 6.2 x 9.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 15.5 ounces
Average Customer Review: 2.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,229,424 in Books

The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen 12259110

Commentaires de lecteurs postés sur le site. Je vous les donne chronologiquement:

Farr fails as historian and excells as a painter with broad

By Glenn Brown on August 2, 2000

brush strokes. Never before have I read such conjecture...truly, I am appalled by the liberties Farr takes in construing the facts to suit her case. Indeed, I too am of the opinion that Marie Antoinette and Fersen were lovers; however nothing concrete has ever surfaced in any correspondence before and after the Queen's death to concusively determine the exact nature of the relationship. According to the publisher, Farr makes use of previously unpublished documents...really? Which ones? Did I miss something? This message is less a review to benefit other readers than a severe admonition to Farr: you have given the public nothing with this tissue of loosely woven fantasy...seemingly your fantasy. Stanley Loomis wrote the definitive book on this subject with The Fatal Friendship. Don't flatter yourself, Farr, the "story" has been told often enough (and more accurately) before you.

** Don't waste your money **

By jeanplaidyfan on October 19, 2000

The best thing this book has going for it is the Bibliography - because if you read that you will be enlightened as to some other books which you would be far better off investing in. Apart from that the book has a 'pretty' cover - so if you want to waste your money on a 'pretty' picture & a good Bibliography then go ahead & buy this book. Do yourself a favour - skip this one & invest in something like Joan Haslip's 'Marie Antoinette' or 'The Fatal Friendship' by Stanley Loomis, or even 'Louis and Antoinette' by Vincent Cronin.

Written for a Market

By M. La Vean on April 12, 2003

I agree with the sentiments of reviewer who wishes that publishers would take a vacation from publishing M.A. books for awhile...sadly I am sure we will see more...
They will push authors in their stable to crank out yet another rehash...
This book is also indicative of another lamentable trend...editors are spell checkers not fact checkers...while this is not as bad as Schom's book on Napoleon which lists both dates Josepine died in the index (both are wrong) it would be nice if they could have people who know the subject give it a fact read.
I agree with the sentiment that the Fatal Friendship by Stanley Loomis is a good book, however I suggest Le Notre's biography of M.A. as a more balanced and better researched book than some of those mention...what gives Loomis balance is that he has written some "essays" (I can't say he is a biographer)in his book Paris in the Terror. It is also what gives Le Notre balance. He has done excellent biographies of Robespierre and a misnamed biography of M. F-Tinville which goes into great detail on the trial of M.A.
Castelot and Cronin are journeymen who certainly do an adequete retelling...but they were written for the popular market...as were their other biographies of Napoleon, Louis XVI, etc.
Le Notre is definately the person you want to discover...no really good library is complete unless you have a complete collection of the Le Notre books of time period...I also suggest his books on the September Massacres and the Noyades of Nantes.

Michael La Vean
Fellow, International Napoleonic Society

One of the French Revolution's most passionate stories.

By A Customer on March 4, 1999

It's about time an author focuses on the relationship between Marie Antoinette and Count Fersen. Their relationship is as important and historic as that between Marie and the King, yet most biographies leave it to footnotes. Farr's story moves with exciting and horrifying pace. The emotional (and mortal!) costs born by those closest to Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI are conveyed to a point of agony. Count Fersen's character is most romantic, almost as good as Sidney Carton, but better because it's true.
But it's the nature of this story to be passionate. I was looking for more substantiation of their romance. I felt some of the connections were lost in Farr's story and some of the character names were confusing. Thank you for the biography in the back - indispensible. I was also disappointed by some of the assuptions made. Lost documents and correspondance incryption muddle the facts and Farr does not fully convince me that the assumptions made are true.
Even with these limitations I completely enjoyed this book (from the library) and am upset that it is not available to purchase for my library.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Untold-Love-Story-Antoinette/dp/0749003707

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitimeVen 4 Avr - 11:59

L'auteur publie à présent une version de son livre remaniée en fonction des déchiffrements effectués par des chercheurs français il y a quelques années. Voir à ce propos nos nombreuses discussions:
https://maria-antonia.forumactif.com/t3551-le-cryptage-des-lettres-de-marie-antoinette-et-fersen

Dans ce cadre, Madame Farr va donner une conférence entrée libre à la Warminster Library.

Evelyn Farr talk: 'Marie-Antoinette and Count Fersen - the untold love story' at Warminster Library

Evelyn Farr presents her latest book, a revised edition of 'Marie-Antoinette and Count Fersen - the untold love story'; a compelling new analysis of a love affair that rocked the French throne to its foundations.

4th April 2014, 2.30pm

FREE tickets available from the library.

Warminster Library, Three Horseshoes Walk, Warminster, BA12 9BT

Tel. No.: 01985 216022

Email: warminsterlibrary@wiltshire.gov.uk

When:4 Apr 2014 14:30 - 16:30 One day onlyWhere: Warminster Library, Three Horseshoes Walk, BA12 9BT Warminster Tel:01985 216022Email:warminsterlibrary@wiltshire.gov.ukPrice:FREE

Courez, ceux qui le peuvent, c'est cet après-midi!  The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen 549919 

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitimeVen 4 Avr - 12:03

Vous le saviez peut-être, mais, comme je l'ignorais, je me suis renseignée. Bonne fille...  Cool 

Warminster est une ville du Wiltshire. L'Angleterre comme dans nos rêves...

The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Warmin10

Administrateur
Chou d'amour

MessageSujet: Re: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitimeVen 4 Avr - 19:36

....y'a pire  The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen 49856 

Le titre du livre nous donne effectivement déjà l'idée principale du livre, ainsi que la conclusion c'est sympa  The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen 194575 Inutile de le lire donc  The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen 244157 

madame antoine

madame antoine

MessageSujet: Re: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitimeMer 16 Avr - 9:35

Bonjour,

Evelyn Farr va publier une version remaniée de son livre.
http://fr.scribd.com/doc/202696169/Marie-Antoinette-and-Count-Fersen-The-Untold-Love-Story

madame antoine

Grandier A

MessageSujet: Re: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitimeSam 10 Aoû - 12:07

Axel de Fersen et Marie-Antoinette, grande histoire d'amour qui fait kifer les vieilles dames en mal de sensations fortes. The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen 588717

MessageSujet: Re: The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen   The Untold Love Story: Marie Antoinette & Count Fersen Icon_minitime

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1