Le Boudoir de Marie-Antoinette

Prenons une tasse de thé dans les jardins du Petit Trianon

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

La reine si petite

4 participants
AuteurMessage
globule
Administrateur
globule

La reine si petite Empty
MessageSujet: La reine si petite   La reine si petite Icon_minitimeMar 26 Mai - 14:28

J'ai trouvé une collection de portraits miniatures de Marie-Antoinette au chouette nom La reine si petite. Du coup je l'ai gardé pour mon topic. La reine si petite 914132
Je vous les partage. Il y en aura plein que vous connaissez, mais vus tous ensemble ça permet de faire des comparaisons.

La reine si petite 12bmar10
François Dumont

• Putting together a collection of portraits of Marie Antoinette is always a tricky business. Besides the easy pitfall of known images copied by different hands at a later date, combined with the general lack of concern for getting an accurate likeness at the time, you also have to be able to sift through all the portraits that are labeled as Marie Antoinette that probably/certainly aren't; a painting of the martyred Queen is always going to have more allure, have a higher auction value, than one that is merely of some pretty inconnue.

Most of the portraits here are by the hand of the Queen's favorite miniature painter, François Dumont (7 January 1751, Lunéville – 27 August 1831, Paris). His work for her, starting in the 1770s and continuing until only a year before her execution, is usually easy enough to identify. In addition to his particular technique, the position of the head is almost always the same in portrait after portrait; it's therefore likely that the Queen didn't sit for every one, rather that he reused the preferred likeness, only changing the surrounding elements - hairstyle, clothing, background. I haven't always been able to identify which of his pieces here are autograph; I assume that some of these are contemporary copies. And I don't know the dates for most of these, though the decade in which they were produced is not too difficult to surmise given the hairstyles: up for the 1770s, across for the 1780s.

La reine si petite Koenig10
François Dumont

La reine si petite 52b20110
Jean-Laurent Mosnier, 1775

La reine si petite 62bima10

La reine si petite 72bcap10
François Dumont

La reine si petite 92b01310
Jean-Baptiste Isabey.
Isabey was student of Dumont at the time, and his extreme youth would account for the crude technique and poor likeness.

La reine si petite 102bma10
François Dumont. Possibly a copy

La reine si petite 112b2010
François Dumont

La reine si petite 122bpi10
Pierre-François Drais, Paris, 1777.
I'm not entirely convinced that this is Marie Antoinette.

La reine si petite 272bv210
Pierre Adolphe-Hall

La reine si petite 282bim10

La reine si petite 292bco10
Pierre Adolphe-Hall. Possibly a copy with variations.

La reine si petite 302bvi10
Vincenza Benzi-Bastéris, 1784

La reine si petite 30a2bf10
François Dumont

La reine si petite 312bmi10
Ignazio-Pio-Vittoriano (Ignace-Jean-Victor) Campana, circa 1783.
Sent to the Queen's paramour, Count Axel Ferson.

La reine si petite 322ba410
Ignazio-Pio-Vittoriano (Ignace-Jean-Victor) Campana, circa 1783.
Sent to the Queen's sister, Maria Carolina, Queen of Naples.

La reine si petite 262blo10
Louis-Marie Sicard, called Sicardi, 1787

La reine si petite 332bim10
Louis-Marie Sicard, called Sicardi

La reine si petite 342bca10
Unknown, possibly Dumont

La reine si petite 362b1710
François Dumont

La reine si petite 36a2bu10
François Dumont

La reine si petite 372b2010
François Dumont. Possibly a copy.

La reine si petite 382ban10
François Dumont. Probably a copy.

La reine si petite 38a2bm10
Marie Antoinette et ses enfants (Marie-Thérèse-Charlotte et le Dauphin Louis-Charles) au pied d'un arbre, by François Dumont, 1790.

La reine si petite 402bs210
François Dumont. Several of her portraits from this last period are "antique" in style.

La reine si petite 412bpo10
François Dumont

La reine si petite Portra10
François Dumont

La reine si petite 42a2b110
Unknown. This appears to be a mourning ring so, possibly, it was made after the Queen's death.

La reine si petite 432bca10
François Dumont, 1792

La reine si petite 452b8510
François Dumont, 1792

La reine si petite 472bps10
François Dumont

• Sometimes the internet lets me down! I've seen this particularly lovely early portrait of the Queen by Dumont reproduced numerous times. And yet when I looked - and looked... and looked - to find an image of it to include here, I could not find one. Only this black and white image; a cropped version with the color gone awry; and some sort of copy of the original, perhaps a colored engraving. Very disappointing....

La reine si petite 502bz210

La reine si petite 512bz210

La reine si petite 522bz210

And while I was at it, another early Dumont portrait turned up - but this was all I could get of it. Argh.

La reine si petite 532bz210

Cool et un grand bravo à Stephilius, il a fait un super boulot. La reine si petite 914132
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mT8L-Q8g9aM/XlHbebUiwTI/AAAAAAAAcvQ/QtwB_a9b1-QxoBH9nqhpHdmbD4klVf_TwCNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/53%2Bz%2Bmarie_33.png

Sinon je suis comme lui, je suis pas sûr à 100% à tous les coups que c'est Marie-Antoinette. La reine si petite 244157

milmil

La reine si petite Empty
MessageSujet: Re: La reine si petite   La reine si petite Icon_minitimeMar 26 Mai - 17:58

Belle collection merci 💖

cassos

La reine si petite Empty
MessageSujet: Re: La reine si petite   La reine si petite Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Sep - 14:43

Magnifique ! Comment ne pas tomber amoureux de ce doux et noble visage ?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PierrotLeFou

PierrotLeFou

La reine si petite Empty
MessageSujet: Re: La reine si petite   La reine si petite Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Sep - 14:51

globule a écrit:
J'ai trouvé une collection de portraits miniatures de Marie-Antoinette au chouette nom La reine si petite. Du coup je l'ai gardé pour mon topic.

Vous avez bien fait. Ce titre est très bien trouvé.
Merci à Cassos d'avoir remonté ce bel exposé que je n'avais pas vu.

La reine si petite Empty
MessageSujet: Re: La reine si petite   La reine si petite Icon_minitime

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

La reine si petite
Page 1 sur 1