Le Boudoir de Marie-Antoinette

Prenons une tasse de thé dans les jardins du Petit Trianon

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, 144 Hz, FreeSync ...
399 € 499 €
Voir le deal

Best Marie Antoinette Movie

AuteurMessage
transgression

transgression

Best Marie Antoinette Movie Empty
MessageSujet: Best Marie Antoinette Movie   Best Marie Antoinette Movie Icon_minitimeDim 22 Aoû - 22:54

What is the best movie about Queen of France Marie-Antoinette?

It depends on your expectations.

In terms of acting, the two best onscreen Marie Antoinette were Ute Lemper (1989, l'Autrichienne) and Diane Kruger (2012, Farewell my Queen).

Best Marie Antoinette Movie Tzolzo12
Diane Kruger as Marie-Antoinette (coveringmedia.com)

L'Autrichienne verges on perfection as far as historical accuracy goes, but the film focuses exclusively on the Queen's trial, although there are a few snippets of her previous happier years.

Best Marie Antoinette Movie Tzolzo13
Ute Lemper in l'Autrichienne, (Imdb)

Farewell my Queen is based on a novel and some characters and events are fictional. Diane Kruger gave a magnificient performance, but the storyline includes a few questionable hints at the Queen’s bisexuality -something that generally raises her fans' hackles up, though personally, I think there may have been some truth to these allegations. Besides, you can tell the production was cash strapped, as the costumes and hairdoes look somewhat cheap and tacky.

Best Marie Antoinette Movie Tzolzo14
Diane Kruger (Marie-Antoinette) and Virginie Ledoyen (Yolande-Gabrielle de Polignac) in Farewell my queen.
The film gives some credit to a possible love affair between the two.

Then Coppola's 2006 Marie Antoinette was panned by the critics, a little unfairly so in my opinion. The storyline is riddled with inaccuracies, and some characters are completely botched such as Asia Argento's pathetic portrayal of Jeanne du Barry.

However, the costumes, designed by Mila Canonero, are pure beauty and the movie is generally fun and entertaining.

Ludivine Reynaud

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-movie-about-Queen-of-France-Marie-Antoinette

Best Marie Antoinette Movie
Page 1 sur 1