Le Boudoir de Marie-Antoinette

Prenons une tasse de thé dans les jardins du Petit Trianon

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette

4 participants
AuteurMessage
madame antoine

madame antoine

Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Empty
MessageSujet: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Avr - 10:04

Bonjour,

Je suis très alertée par ce livre dont j'ai trouvé la publicité ce matin. Vous le connaissez ?

Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  51acra10
http://www.amazon.com/Insatiable-Macabre-History-France-Antoinette-ebook/dp/B00JVZ8CZU

On dirait bien qu'un auteur mal inspiré a transformé la vie de notre reine en histoire macabre.

madame antoine

Administrateur
Chou d'amour

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Avr - 13:29

Ah non je ne connais pas  Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  79143 

pimprenelle

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Avr - 21:46

Moi non plus, je ne connais pas. J'ai un peu parcouru le lien posté par Madame Antoine: ça a l'air très bizarre...  Suspect Macabre et plein de complots...  Suspect 

madame antoine

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Avr - 22:35

A lire un extrait ici.
http://unusualhistoricals.blogspot.be/2014/04/excerpt-thursday-insatiable-macabre.html

madame antoine

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeMer 30 Avr - 13:28

La vie de Marie-Antoinette reçoit un traitement horrorifique (à la “Abraham Lincoln, chasseur de vampires”) dans ce livre que je suis en train de le lire… très sympa et agréable, avec un Louis XVI plutôt entreprenant!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
madame antoine

madame antoine

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeMer 30 Avr - 18:09

Bonjour, york74,

Je vous remercie de nous faire part de vos impressions sur ce livre. Je prends bonne note qu'il vaut la peine d'être lu, contrairement à ce que j'ai cru.

madame antoine

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeMer 30 Avr - 21:53

Merci beaucoup york!  Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  580524 

C'est toujours un plaisir de vous recevoir dans notre petit boudoir.  Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  580524 

Moi aussi, je retiens que ce livre vaut la peine, si je le rencontre en librairie.  Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  454943 

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeDim 4 Mai - 15:02

Un compte rendu ici:
http://historical-fiction.com/review-insatiable-a-macabre-history-of-france-lamour-marie-antoinette/

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeJeu 8 Mai - 8:35

Si vous voulez lire un extrait, il y en a un ici, après le début de bio:
http://www.madamegilflurt.com/2014/05/a-salon-guest-marie-antoinette-bucking.html

Foncez, foncez, y'a Fersinou d'amuuuuurrrrrrr!!!!!  Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  49856 

pimprenelle

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeMar 13 Mai - 7:53

De l'aveu même de l'auteur:

Because the veracity of their relationship will never be proven, it will always hold the allure of the unsolved mystery. In my new release—Insatiable: A Macabre History of France ~ L’Amour: Marie Antoinette—I exploit the premise that Marie Antoinette and Axel von Fersen were indeed lovers. I even take their relationship one step further by adopting the assertions of the gossip of the time attributing the paternity of her second son, Louis-Charles—the eventual Dauphin of France—to von Fersen. As INSATIABLE is a work of alternate history, the love affair between Marie Antoinette and Axel von Fersen is the least of the liberties I take with the story. But in my defense, I am not the first to do so nor will I be the last.
http://annabelfrage.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/an-insatiable-queen-and-her-favourite/

C'est le moins qu'on puisse dire!  Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  49856 

Ensuite, cadeau, un extrait du livre!  Very Happy 

EXCERPT from INSATIABLE: A MACABRE HISTORY OF FRANCE ~ L’AMOUR: MARIE ANTOINETTE

After sipping a glass of punch, Marie Antoinette still felt winded by her exertions. She decided to observe for a bit before returning to the chaos. She spotted an open space above the ballroom floor with an unobstructed view of the dancers. She made her way to the landing and leaned up against the banister, snapping open her fan to circulate the air over her heated face and neck. The cool breeze on her skin felt heavenly. She relaxed but went suddenly rigid when a body bumped heavily into her from behind.

She heard a deep voice mumble, “Excuse me, Madame,” but she could not help but feel he had jostled her on purpose. Some impertinent courtier come to make sport with the Dauphine, perhaps? Well, she knew how to put paid to that. She squared her shoulders, lifted her chin, and adopted the most imperious attitude she could muster. She turned with a haughty swish of her skirts, glowered at her harasser, and ceased to breathe.

She had raised her chin in order to look down upon the intruder, but in doing so, her initial gaze only reached to the center of his broad chest. When she lifted her eyes to his face, she encountered the most striking looking man she had ever beheld in her life. He was dressed in the same fashion as the others in the room—tricorn hat, powdered wig, frock coat, and breeches—but nothing he could ever do would make him look like the rest.

The shape of his face was a study in masculinity with its angular planes, straight nose, clearly defined jawline, and square chin. He had heavy eyebrows set above a pair of piercing dark eyes the color of the sky at midnight. He was athletically slender with wide shoulders, narrow hips, and well turned legs, and he bore himself regally. And tall, so tall. His whole person gave off an imposing air that did little to diminish her attraction to him but, in fact, increased it.

Marie Antoinette’s heart pounded in her chest, and her breath came in little hitching gasps, which she desperately hoped he would not notice. Any thought she had previously entertained about quashing his advances flew immediately out of her head, and she stood there, unspeaking, knowing that the pause was becoming more conspicuous by the second but helpless to break the spell. She racked her brain, trying regain her composure while he stood there looking down at her with his brooding eyes and an amused but decidedly insolent upturn to the corners of his prim mouth.

“I’m sorry, but you have caught me off-guard, Monsieur,” she finally got out, praying that her voice sounded normal.

“Yes,” he said, the maddeningly arrogant expression never leaving his face. “It seems so,” he added, not bothering to introduce himself—which would have been the polite thing to do—and letting her squirm.

She should have been put out by his flippant response, but being in his presence had the distinct effect of discombobulating her. She took a deep breath—hoping that he would not notice her flustered state—and took a moment to reflect.

They were at a bal masqué. The entire point of going incognito was to discard the strictures of etiquette for a time and just have fun. And although most of the partygoers knew the identities behind the masks, it was expected to act somewhat out of the norm and not be held accountable afterward. Artois and Provence were masters at it!

The Dauphine could not act too outrageously with her husband in attendance—besides, she was not inclined toward wild behavior—but her disguise did afford her a small measure of anonymity. With this comforting thought in mind, she allowed her natural charm and flirtatiousness to bubble to the surface and engaged in a bit of playful banter with the stranger.

“Well, I suppose I should beware then,” she replied saucily. “Your reluctance to reveal your identity may be an attempt to hide malicious intent or a disreputable past. Next thing I know you will have abducted me and held me for ransom … or worse. Should I be alarmed?”

He chuckled to himself at the scandalous picture she painted of him as a potential criminal. The upstanding Axel von Fersen, adherent to etiquette and slave to propriety, a kidnapper? It was laughable. She certainly had a vivid imagination and a quick wit, to boot. If he had caught her off-guard at first, she was fully recovered now.

“The thought had not crossed my mind until you mentioned it, although now that you have, it’s not a bad idea.”

“I suppose it’s only fair to warn you. I am a very high-ranking Lady, and your actions would launch a massive manhunt to the farthest corners of France.”

“Well then, it’s a good thing that I have the fastest horse in all of Europe.”

“Yes, but he would be burdened with the two of us,” she pointed out, placing a finger on her dimpled chin and looking up out of the corner of her eyes at him. Her long lashes veiled the big round orbs alluringly in a captivating expression that stunned him into momentary silence.

The better part of her face was covered by her mask, but he could still clearly distinguish her charms. Her skin was white and luminous, her face a lovely pale oval flushed pink by her excitement. She had a slightly aquiline nose, although small and feminine, and an adorable pouty mouth. The one thing the mask did to enhance her natural beauty was to set off her eyes to their best advantage, and he had never seen a more bewitching pair in his life.

Her eyes, her beautiful silvery blue eyes, held him mesmerized. Although he could listen to her chatter merrily on about nothing and never tire of the display—her porcelain skin and plump red lips exceedingly attractive and her delicate white hands in constant motion—he found himself drowning in her eyes. He tore his gaze away and tried to regain the thread of his concentration.

“You are quite petite,” he said, giving an appreciative once over of her shapely figure. “My horse would hardly notice the extra load. Even if he did, I’m sure he would gladly bear it.”

It was her turn to be struck speechless. She didn’t know whether to be incensed that he had inspected her in such a blatantly assessing manner or flattered that he had noticed. She struggled with her natural prudishness for a moment, wondering if it would do more harm than good to reveal her identity. She was rendered acutely conscious by his comment, but still, she did not want her time with him to end, not just yet. What to do?

madame antoine

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Mai - 18:40

Bonjour,

Voici un nouvel article sur ce livre.
http://wwwbookbabe.blogspot.be/2014/05/the-indomitable-spirit-of-marie.html#.U34n_vl_tcg

madame antoine

MessageSujet: Re: Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette    Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette  Icon_minitime

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Insatiable, un roman macabre sur la vie de Marie-Antoinette
Page 1 sur 1